If you missed our last blog post, we recently shared our first 2020 wedding since COVID-19. When Heather & Nate began planning their 2020 wedding with 150 guests, they couldn’t have known that a global pandemic would change their plans. Yet after over 7 years together (and a 2 year engagement!), these newlyweds were determined to make their love official on their planned wedding date, despite the circumstances. They decided to make the best of their situation by pivoting to an intimate ceremony at June Farms, where they would share a dreamworthy day they will forever remember. Talk about one wedding story for the books.
How we made the sparkle happen:
- We first scouted a new location where we could create a magical, compliant environment for the couple and their guests. We were so lucky to work with June Farms and their dreamy, secluded, outdoor vibe felt like the perfect spot for Heather & Nate to share their special day. All of the vendors we worked with were so accommodating, and June Farms was able to ensure safety measures with hand sanitizer all over the grounds, plenty of outdoor space to accommodate guests and tables spaced out appropriately to make everyone feel safe.
- Their original guest list had over 150 guests which we were unable to accommodate based on COVID-19 guidelines. With the new number of allowed guests being 25 per NY state, we cut the list to immediate family and close friends and advised the other guests that we were downsizing. The couple’s friends and family that couldn’t join us were extremely understanding and even provided sweet video messages for the couple to enjoy on the eve of their wedding. Although Heather & Nate would have loved to see ALL of their guests there, the intimacy of the day was just perfection. Our awesome photographer and friend JP Elario took more than enough fabulous and beautiful shots (and sent them extremely fast) that Heather & Nate can now share with all of their loved ones who weren’t able to join.
- Don’t forget about the details! With COVID-19 in mind, you have to think about all the intricate details to protect your guests. Staff will most likely be in masks so be prepared for things to look a little different. Talk to your vendors if you don’t have a planner and try to think outside the box & get creative. For food alterations, we recommend handing out passed hors d’oeuvres to safely share food to your guests during cocktail hour. Placing them in small containers or individual plates/forks is a great way to keep your guests safe and make it easy for everyone to grab. Remember, things are changing daily so check with your venue or caterer for tips on how to execute everything safely.
- Due to maintaining safety guidelines, there is no dancing allowed at weddings at this time in NYS. Fortunately, Heather & Nate had the Silver Arrow Band to entertain their guests which made an interactive experience for their guests. It almost felt like we were at a concert, and the band did a killer job! You could always set up a “touch free” games station near a secluded area on a couch or table for those who want another option.
KOWE TIP: If dancing is not allowed during your wedding, you might consider adjusting your dinner menu and adding a course or shortening the overall timeline by one hour. Check with your venue to see if this is possible as it may save you money and make the night a little sweeter if timed appropriately.
- We know this may not be the day you planned but try not to sweat the small stuff and let it all sink in that you’re getting married to the love of your life. Enjoy the day the best you can and take in every beautiful moment. As a married couple, you’ll have to learn to navigate through all the ups and downs in life and this is just one story you’ll be able to cherish forever!
Want to learn more about how to navigate your wedding during COVID-19? Head over to our Q&A!
Venue / June Farms
Photographer / JP Elario
Florals / Fleurtacious Designs
Hair + MU / True Beauty
Wedding Gown / Something Blue Bridal
Music / Silver Arrow Band
Caterer / Mazzone
Cake / Cake Street Sweets